Sierra Fish & Pets <----> Clear Fabrications
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: How do we get new people in Reef Frontiers?

nursing eel
    Quote Originally Posted by MMeritt View Post
    I for one am glad the forum is still here and available. I have been out of the hobby for about 4 years and looking at possibly getting another tank as soon as our house is done being built.
    I may not be as into aquariums as much as I would like due to being in north western Ontario Canada the access to equipment and well pretty much everything else is quite limited but I am with MMeritton this one. When I got the ok from management to do another reef the first thing I did after being out of it for about 5 years was come here and get right back at it.

I can see fb taking some from the forum but I for one am glad that it is still here. A lot has changed since I was into the hobby and the forum still being here was and still is a great help for me. The numbers might not be as high as they were but those that are still here are very friendly and helpful.

This might not help solve anything but just wanted to put my two cents in and say thank you for still being around
    Reef tanks are like a fine wine....time is everything

New Forum member!
    I agree, Dark. People who are still here seem super friendly. I know Discord also took away a lot of traffic from various forums. Are there Discord channels for our hobby too?

Emerald Crab

Unless discord has ongoing, photo-storage-friendly, searchable forums, probably not.

Aquaholic

I would be happy to host it for free
    200 Gallon - starfire - Marineland deep tank - Waveline DC12000 - 75 Gallon sump
    Neptune Apex - (2) Crystal Reef/OBD (Helios) lights - 2 eco tech mp40qd MP40QD

Hidden Content

RF Staff
    Hosting costs are covered by sponsors, who are totally awesome and still here because there is still a huge amount of traffic on this site.
    At some point it seems all those folks that pushed people to search the forums rather than ask the same question over and over again won. LOL
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

Bring on the FISH!
    Well it’s been a few years since I've been on here and active. I was hoping to get back to it, but it sure seems like things have changed. What happened to RF? This was my home for a long time and now it seems to have turned into a ghost town. It doesn't seem like much activity here anymore. So where is everyone at, or am I just not seeing the new stuff on here? I see lots of people logged in but almost all guests, and not many members. What happened?

Owner / Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ac7av View Post
    Well it’s been a few years since I've been on here and active. I was hoping to get back to it, but it sure seems like things have changed. What happened to RF? This was my home for a long time and now it seems to have turned into a ghost town. It doesn't seem like much activity here anymore. So where is everyone at, or am I just not seeing the new stuff on here? I see lots of people logged in but almost all guests, and not many members. What happened?
    I guess like you people get busy and don't spend time posting on a forum when they can chat live on social media, we have the traffic just not the open discussions as before, it is what we have these days, the large amount of data is available to just about anyone, you can be a guest and read almost everything you need.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information