eheim jager trutemp 100 watt
    two fishes phosban 150
    IM hydrofill ato control
    IM hydrofill return pump
    jbj oceanstream circulation powerhead duo wavemaker kit
    caibsea argra-alive hawaiian black sand 20lbs
    20lbs live rock
    digital temp
    I still have to dig around and see what I have left for testing equipment and such any input on how this looks for a start would be great. not sure yet if I will add a skimmer but if I do it can be later no point on using one for initial set up. I figure the duo powerhead set up will be nice for it will leave me an extra for mixing salt

Copepod
    Don't forget to post build pictures!

I like to live vicariously through others .. and lets face it, who doesn't like watching a new reef be built.

Copepod

image.jpg
    Ok so this is what I have so far. My brother in law helped me throw a stand together and picked up some dry live rock from the guy I bought the fusion 20 from. Got to love Craigslist was about to buy from marine depot but they are out of stock but found a brand new one on cl also added some of barrier reef's cycled rock and so now the wait begins. Placed order for the rest of my equipment today should be here by end of week. Here we go

Copepod
    Hmm. Now I'm afraid to post pictures of my thrown together stand. Looking great (and congrats on the Craigslist find!)

~V

Sea Urchin
    Don't be afraid! It's not a competition
    Hidden Content There is nothing like being a Reefer Hidden Content

Copepod

Quote Originally Posted by Vandur View Post
    Hmm. Now I'm afraid to post pictures of my thrown together stand. Looking great (and congrats on the Craigslist find!)

~V
    What NanaReefer said. this is a place to share and learn . would love to see what you have put together .

RF Staff
    Its been roughly 2 years since I moved my 75. Last weekend I finally started the process of skinning the 2x4 stand. Things take time, life takes priorties. No competition at all.
    That is a pretty awesome stand though.
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

Copepod

Thanks. now that the easy part is done I am hoping the the tank comes together as smooth as the stand did. I am eagerly awaiting my first of three fed ex deliveries over the next few day's for the rest of my equipment. I will defiantly be posting my progress and asking more questions as they come up

Copepod

it was like Christmas today received a couple packages that included my ato set up and fosban 150 + power heads with controller and a pair of sicce micra + pumps to replace the stock pump. took a drive out to brs to get a new heater and temp gauge.
    also picked up some aquavitro seed to help the cycle along. ammonia is finally coming down to level that can be measured so thing's are looking good. should have my light and hanger by Monday. not that I realy need it yet but will be nice to have it all together . still have not decided on what I am going to do for a skimmer ? but I still have time.

Sea Urchin
    Sweet setup! Great choices on the Sicce pumps, love them. I see you nixed the black substrate.

Copepod

Thank you it's time for the wait game now. Ya I decided against the black. It looks nice but I read an article that spoke about how with the lighter color sand has some reflective property's that may help with coral growth where the darker substrates just absorb it .

Copepod

I also changed my light choice. I will be using an AI prime HD

Copepod

OK here is an update. I have been running my new tank just over 2 weeks been running my light for a week of that. things are moving along great. today I finally had zero ammonia nitrite is at 1.0ppm and nitrate is between 10-20ppm. I did end up with the AI prime hd light and their hard mount. I read alot of mixed review on the mount but so far the problems that I read about have not been an issue. I can see where some people may have problems if they are heavy handed when the mount get's assembled or if you try and max out the height and reach so far mine is very satable. I have to say I am in love with the ato really wish I had done this on my last tank makes it so easy to keep stable water parameters right now it's a constant 35ppm temp is 78-79deg . so far things are good
    IMG_20160725_124638307.jpg
    IMG_20160725_161914030_HDR.jpg

Sea Urchin
    Very nice.

Copepod
    Looking good!

Really like your rock too, not sure what type it is but it looks like it has a ton of nooks and crannies.

~V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information