Sierra Fish & Pets <----> Marine Depot
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghost Town

Seahorse
    I don’t know anything about that, but i know that’s it’s a conversation that goes back at least two years and maybe longer. I don’t know that it’s something worth dwelling on. I would not be suprised if some of those involved are no longer on the hobby. I had four friends who were locals that I would have pegged as lifers in this hobby. None of them have tanks anymore. I believe the community is ever changing as people cycle through. Those are the people to attract.

RF Staff
    There are also lots of people still in that walked away from forums when they died and social media took over. I know quite a few that just don't bother with any of it anymore.

I agree, no reason to dwell on it, it is just worth noting though how fickle this environment is. Its also worth noting that PNW aquarists can't support a club, or even the Bob Moore, so hopes that the previously largest user group of this site can bring it back are pretty bleak.
    I'd like to see more traffic too, I just think its important for anyone who thinks they want to put effort into this be aware of the obstacles they face.
    -Stacey
    30 gallon nem tank /60 gallon softie tank/75 mixed reef /5 gallon pico (work tank)
    Hidden Content

Owner / Administrator
    I've been looking for someone to take over this site but no one seems interested, people don't have time, it takes lots of dedication, a big commitment, when Mike left it hurt the effort, all of the original people who supported the site one by one got busy/fustrated and stopped participating, I was left alone with no help, so I run it as long as I can but I'm extremely busy myself, I haven't had a tank in years.

Seahorse
    I can imagine it’s frustrating to be tied to this when you haven’t had a tank for many years. Do sponsorships cover the cost of keeping the site going? I know it’s a time hog, but is it also an expense for you Scooty?

Owner / Administrator
    Yes, we have some good loyal sponsors, enough to cover the bills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information