Marine Depot <----> AirWaterIce
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Post Photos

Great White Shark

How to Post Photos

I wanted to put together a thread showing how to post photos, for those that are either new to forums or those that aren't quite sure how to do it.

There are a couple of different ways to post photos. I'll go over them and include screen shots along the way.

First, here are a couple of links to image resizers. If anyone uses another, please post here, for future reference.

IrfanView
    WindowsXP PowerToy

Next, for those that would like to upload pictures to your gallery (and I'll go over the "how to"), there are some limitations on size and space, so if your photo is within these parameters, then you should be good to go. If not, use an image resizer to get the picture to the size it needs to be.

Regular Members are allowed 2MB of photo space, and a 100K file size limit
    Premium Members are allowed 5MB of photo space, and a 125K file size limit

Alright - the first method for attaching a picture to a post, is by adding your reply, then "attaching" the picture. The pic will appear at the bottom of the post in an attachment box. It will not be present in your gallery.

To start, you can either click on "Add Reply" or "Go Advanced"... as indicated in the following pictures

OR

Then, you will be taken to another screen. From this screen, you can type out your post, and scroll down to "Attach Files". Click on "Manage Attachments", as shown in this picture:

This will pop up a little box, where you browse your computer for the file you wish to attach. After you select the file, click on "Upload". You can upload a total of 5 pictures per post. Then, close the window.

After this, you can "Submit Reply" or new thread, and walaa - the attachments appear. Using this method, if you Preview Post, you will not see the photo in the preview, however, it will be in the post after submission.

The other method of posting pictures is by using IMG tags. The first thing you need to do, however, is upload a pic to your gallery. You get to your gallery by clicking on "Member Photo Gallery" at the top menu.

You can either click on "My Gallery" on the Left, or "Upload Photos" on the Right. If you click on "My Gallery", then you will be taken to your gallery. Click on "Upload Photos" to continue.

Next, you will be prompted to Browse your computer for the file you wish to upload. Once you find the file, then click on "Upload/Submit"

The next screen is where you fill in the Title and Description of the photo. After that, click on "Process", and you are done.

When you want to post a photo from your gallery, right click on the pic you wish to post, and open it to a new window. There is a url address that will be specific to the photo. Copy the url and paste it in img tags, like in the following picture. (remove the *) [*img]url address of photo[*/img]

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more clarification
    Hidden Content
    ~Ironman~

Seahorse
    Thanks Nikki,

I was wondering how you would go about posting material. Thanks for the info.

New Forum member!

Be sure to do some research on the new [attach][/attach] BBCODE for attachments.
    Scott Z.
    Hidden Content
    Powered by Reefland's Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - November 2005

Great White Shark
    Oh man, Scott....Chuck didn't tell me I had more homework to do!

I guess there will be an update coming soon!
    Hidden Content
    ~Ironman~

New Forum member!

my pics are 800+ size

i tried resizing the pic but it came out wayyy to small on the screen. my pics average about 800+ size, how do I get it sizable to post pics? can u help me out on this, please.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonye5
    i tried resizing the pic but it came out wayyy to small on the screen. my pics average about 800+ size, how do I get it sizable to post pics? can u help me out on this, please.
    I'll do my best . First, let me ask what program you are using? The ones linked in the first post seem to be popular. Also, I have found for my images, that I need to change the quality/resolution of the photo. I make it 72 or a little less on the web depending on the size I make the image for posting (600X400, for example). Here is an article that might help understand this better than I can explain it: Display, Printing, DPI, and PPI. Hope this helps a bit.
    Hidden Content
    ~Ironman~

dapainter

Talking

My new 100gal reef ready

dapainter
    How do i post pics of my new tank in the photo gal .Sorry I am new at this.

Owner / Administrator
    This thread can come in handy sometimes I forget how to use the extras!

dapainter

new guy

H hey scooter are you out there.

Lionfish
    Welcome to Reef Frontiers ....

Go to the first post in this thread, about halfway down gives a step by step way to get your pictures in the photo gallery ...

Good Luck

Owner / Administrator
    I'm workingway too many hours to keep up right now, so yea I'm way out now

New Forum member!
    dabears look at this

New Forum member!

My 150gal.

Can use a face lift!

Got Reef-er?

Anybody know how I can resize/post my photos - I have a Mac? IrfanView is for PC only.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information