Premium Aquatics <----> Marine Depot
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Jidz Babble

Brittle Starfish

More Jidz Babble

If i bought the Pro-Heat 350w with the digital screen on it, does that show the temp of the water or the temp of the heater? My point is... Do i have to buy a thermometer also?

-Jidz

Great White Shark
    Jiddy - it shows the temp of the water so it knows when to turn on. I would also invest in a thermometer. The digital read out on both of my heaters is off by about 2 degrees. I used my thermometer to help determine where to set it, and I'm always checking it.
    Hidden Content
    ~Ironman~

Owner / Administrator
    Jiddy I have both one with the digital readout & one without. Personally neither is accurate as they claim but the regular one has a separate temp. probe & holds the temp. better than the rest, I would not waste money on the digital readout, mine is very flakey to say the least. I have about six or seven heaters most aren't reliable, the won's are to me even better than the Ebo's because of the temp. probe isn't inside the heating element. When I get enough money I'll purchase a controller & plug the heater into it, this should work even better but to date the separate probe works the most consistent. I also have a pinpoint thermometer & rainbow lifeguard both seem to be accurate but I prefer the pinpoint because of the way it is built, also you can get extra probes all wireless. If you want anything better your talking about big $$$, or maybe a chilling/heating unit with built in controller.

Owner / Administrator
    Oh yea, it may be a good idea to get two 250w heaters instead on just one, I know I only have one but two seems to be a good idea if money allows.

Brittle Starfish
    I have 2 350w, its just one is has the screen, both are tit thou!

SPS Obsessed
    Jiddy, I have 4 Won 350 watters. 2 with digital readouts and 2 without. None of them are even close to accurate. I trust them enough for my FOWLR and my water change tub but wouldn't use them without being plugged into an additional controller on my reef. On my sps tank they are plugged into X-10 modules controlled by my Aquacontroller Pro. You should be able to find a single stage Ranco digital temp controller to run your heaters. Ranco controllers are very accurate and reliable. I also second what was said earlier about having two smaller heaters for redundancy. If one fails, the other one will still be working. If one sticks on (won't happen with a digital temp controller), then it will still be small enough that it won't spike the temp as rapidly.

Brittle Starfish
    Your tellin me that i have to have a computer engineerin degree to start a poll? UNREAL

-Jidz the poll-less man...errr.....

Great White Shark
    Jiddy - if you are wanting to start a new thread with a poll - shoot me a PM, and I'll give you the steps.
    Hidden Content
    ~Ironman~

SPS Obsessed
    I think your problem may be that you are trying to add a poll to an existing thread. AFAIK, you can only add one to a new thread.

Brittle Starfish
    Couple of questions:

1. How do i calm my wife down when i spill water on the floor (shes a mold freak)

2. How should i cycle my 220g with 300lbs of base rock? I was goin to do the LR method, but i have all BR?

3. Since my flow PVC CL isnt setup yet, should i not add my salt since i have no circulation?

4. Can I add LR right after mixin a new batch of SW? (im only addin a few pounds to spread coralline)

SPS Obsessed
    1. Hard Liquor!
    2. You don't need to cycle base rock.
    3. ALWAYS mix your saltwater up outside the tank before adding it. For the first fill you can mix it up inside the tank as long as there is nothing else in there at the time. Just drop a good sized powerhead in there and it should all mix up fine.
    4. ALWAYS mix and aerate freshly mixed saltwater for 24-48 hours before adding to the tank. In other words, let it mix and aerate it in the tank for a couple days before adding live rock.

Brittle Starfish
    1. LoL

2. I need to get a bacteria level dont i? Ammonia into Nit right?

3. I dont have a powerhead, just two Mag12's and some uncut PVC

4. Cool thanks!

Just drive over here and do it for me Trav! And Saf.Land is ghetto!

-Jidz

Goby

Mikki and the others with the Pro Heat heaters... If you open them up you can Calibrate them to the tank... There is a believe a blue screw inside that you can turn slightly to adjust the temp reading while its plugged in.. I think its like 2 screws... Very simple and Its even in the Owners manual...

HTH<
    James
    Macro Shots Hidden Content
    Gallery Hidden Content

Brittle Starfish
    Nice thanks James

Brittle Starfish
    Whats a big pump for a low price?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information