Quantcast

1 year of growth

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

reedman

Nice growth. I now see the base out that you were telling me about at the meeting. Pretty sustantial colony you have now. I like the Halide look much better! Keep up the great work. Maybe we'll trade some corals later.

big t

tankless
As of that last pic from the end of January I had been running a calcium reactor for about 3 weeks. Before that I just dosed calcium daily. Now that I have a reactor, I would never go back, makes it much easier to keep the calcium and alk at a good level

ReefShack

sps junkie
Were you using a two-part additive or kalkwasser? I've been having trouble keeping my calcium level where it needs to be just adding kalk. It's now running in the 275mg/L range which as you know is too low. I'm thinking it's time for a calcium reactor.

big t

tankless
I was starting to have problems keeping up w/ my cal also w/ a 2 part and that was when I decided to go ahead and make a reactor. I really don't have much money in it, I am borrowing the pump and the regulator/bottle. I think other then that the plastic cost me about $10 and the plumbing cost about $35-40 w/ all the JG fittings. It works like a champ, and now I have no problems w/ keeping up.

oregon gorge

Watch out for those that took Anthony's words to heart. They may be carrying a hammer behind their back.:D

Very nice!

Chris

ReefShack

sps junkie
Tell me a little more, if you could, about your reactor because if I could save some money building one I think that might be the way to go. Did you use acylic tube for the main reactor chamber?

big t

tankless
And this pic is from today

Here is a pic taken today, to show how it looks under the new lights. There has been a little growth in the last 3 and a half weeks.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.