2 much flow?!

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

1guydude

Well...? These are 1.5" seaswirls. They rotate 90° but its all 1.5" plumbing with a reeflo barracuda hybrid hammerhead pump. So lots of flow... will it b okay?
D

halmus

I don't know the GPH coming out with the reeflo split between two 1.5" outlets. I had SPS sitting right in front of MP-40's on full blast and they loved it.

Maybe you could frag a branch from that colony and place it in another area in case the water flow starts to tear off the tissue from this one. At least you'll have a back up. But I'd only do that if you feel confident the water quality and lighting is where you want it. If they're stressed already, fragging will just cause more issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinpo

Expert
Hello,
If crabs and snails are in the same area then you can be sure there is not too much flow for SPS corals. Acropora sp. on average tend to tolerate high flow very well and will take on a more natural appearance (much thicker branches). I had more than 23,000 GPH flowing in my 600 gallon tank.

Regards,
Kevin

1guydude

Thought i would.do an update here.on this coral.
Thank you all who replyed. I think.its doing better myself.
D

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.