Quantcast

2 Pieces

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Dr B

Just thought Id share my favorite piece, and a table. This is a small frag, and only about 1.5''. So this shot is pretty close in. It coule be better, but it gets the point across =) Under 10k's

Acro Clathrata, or Hyacinthus. Nice raspberry color. Under 10k's

Once I get the new tank up and running I will get my collection photographed. Hope you guys like these pics. I need to work with camera settings some.
DR

MtnDewMan

I really like them both ... i don't think the last one is a hyacinthus ... but both have excellent colorations. 10ks??? How high or low in the tank do you have them? Were the pictures taken with actinics on or off?

Nice coral for sure

kevinpo

Expert
Beautiful pieces! Although the second does not appear to be A. clathrata, or A. hyacinthus at this stage it could take on the typical growth (table with blue growth tips) later. Here is one of mine.

Regards,
Kevin

PS: If I could get Chuck to come over I would be able to post some excellent photos :)

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Wow Kev you rotten dog, lol that is a beautiful colony. I had one just like that before it was killed at the LFS while holding them for the upgrade, just awesome.
Dr the encruting moti on top is a sweet peice to, tat will grow up to be an outstanding peice to.

Mike

Dr B

Both pics are under 10K AB bulbs, so i guess they are really about 13k arent they?

Anyways the first piece i got from exoticreefs. I also have a nice yellow one with purple polyps.

As for my table acro goes, i am pretty sure it is a hycinthus. It was listed as a clathrata, but i would have to disagree with the current growth pattern... it is so hard to tell, so for now its my table. It did come in as kinda whitish pink with darker tips, and i got this sucker a nice deep red. I like it much better. It also is about 15-18'' down in the tank so not getting blasted with a lot of light.

BlennyBabe

Rachel
Wow those are awesome corals. I have a table that I bought when it was brown. Now its light greenish with huge polyps. I dont know what species though. Its growth tips are almost purple. but it isnt growing much these days. Im away at school and havent been able to keep up with water changes or suplements. Ill post a picture of it if I can.

SueT

Dr B, I thought that montipora spp. came from exoticreefs. I have seen the frags available there ocassionally. It certainly is a different species.

From what I understand about A. hyancinthis in the Corals of The World trilogy the branches are quite a bit smaller compared to the taper pointed tips this acropora spp. presents.

Salsaking

Salsa soon in Safeway!!
I will be over within the month Kevin! I will help you out with those pictures.

Stuff is looking great as usual.

Eric

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.