Quantcast

250 Watt Metal Hallide Lighting

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
Hi All,
I found this excellent thread on Reef Central. www.reefcentral.com. You have to subscribe to RC to view. Well worth your time. It shows the relationship between many 250 watt MH bulbs and ballasts. This thread is great for tech data and also pics to see bulb coloration. I am setting up a 150 gal SPS reef and this info really helped. Hopefully I'll be ready for live rock in a month or so.
:) Happy New Year to all at PSAS,
Scott & Colleen
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=254667&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

MtnDewMan

This is indeed pretty good information.

I believe as it goes, I will end up shelving my Radiums and go back to my AB 10000k bulbs ... with a standard pulse start ... more PAR, better white light, can see in the tank better too ... :D

I am so fickle when it comes to lighting :rolleyes:

big t

tankless
I just ordered some of those XM 10k's after seeing the color comparison pix between them and the Ushios. I think they look pretty good even w/ out the actenic, and that is how I am planning on running them. The high par is another bonus for me. Now I just need some ballasts, anyone help me out?

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
My price hunt on XM's lead me to www.inreef.com, they have Mogal XM 250w 10KK for 55.99 and XM DE 250w 10KK for $55.00.

I only found this after ordering some DE XM 250w 10KK from hellolights about two months back for $75.

-Erik

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.