400 gallons of saltwater running through my house.

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

DevonM

Mantis Shrimp
It's funny to watch the clown host in the squamosa. It always makes me think about Kevin P's huge clam and clownfish pair.

DevonM

Mantis Shrimp
A couple update pictures:

The big squami leaves just enough room for the clown to sleep.

The Rabbitfish waking up in the morning looks pretty cool!

A couple new Longspine Cardinalfish (Zoramia leptacantha) for the tank. They are a little scared now but seem to be getting more comfortable with their tank mates.

DevonM

Mantis Shrimp
New algae scrubber arriving in the mail today :D (Turbo L2 Algae Scrubber). This one is a different style (pump fed) but about the same size. I look forward to running them side-by-side for a while to see what happens. The first algae scrubber just won't produce on my system so we'll see how the new scrubber works.

A couple weeks ago Kelan and I put together a set of LEDs from ledgroupbuy.com for my display. So far I am really happy with the way it turned out. I'll slowly increase intensity each week. It's actually quite difficult to record how that tank actually looks. The cameras have a difficult time picking all the colors.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbMpYRNHyKnl5SkHYLYlQ8soCApnPGxzO[/video]

DevonM

Mantis Shrimp
Tank update: Well the new algae scrubber is installed on the system! I have an algae scrubber build on my blog that has some pretty good pics. I'm pretty darn impressed with the quality of this scrubber, hopefully it will work! :)

The new Lumia LED fixture on my tank (build) has made a world of difference aesthetically but most importantly the tank population seems to like them. It took a bit for some of the fish to adjust but the clams seemed pretty happy from the git-go. Each time I increase the LED intensity by 5% the SPS give off a little slime (accumulates in the sump). I assume they are adding a little extra "sunscreen" :cool: until they have adjusted.

For those of you using LEDs, at what increment did you increase your led intensity? Where did you stop?

DevonM

Mantis Shrimp
I increased by 5% each time and stopped at 65% blues-60% whites.

Glad your system likes the lights, it is a huge change for them!!
I'm increasing 5% every 10 days or so, no hurry. I'm just really happy the clams aren't reaching for light or acting different. I'm currently at 45% across all channels which seems as bright as the MHs were at 100%.

I think the fish just needed to get used to the increased "shimmery" affect the LEDs have.

dailydriven911

sps addict
Wow nice tank! I'm increasing mine 5% every few weeks. I'm at 60% intensity with 50% max blue/whites. I'd like to get around 80% intensity but things are looking so good I'm tempted to leave it lol.

DevonM

Mantis Shrimp
Blues look good under mine, oranges, maybe some purples.
The blue stag I have looks awesome. I kind of wish I still had my scoly and brains :eek:hwell:

Soon as I kick this green hair algae in the but and the tank stabilizes I'll concentrate on some new frags.

DevonM

Mantis Shrimp
Any ideas what this anemone in my fuge is? I guess it could be a small stony coral but it looks like an anemone to me with branch like arms. I see something new in my tank every day...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts