Quantcast

40g lighting

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Sealab2021

Puffer
I have a 40g acrlyic that's 36wide x 15tall x 15deep.
the hood that fits it is just 26" long x 5" deep x 2.5" tall(it currently has a 24" 20w T-12 Corallife 50/50 in it)

My thought is to get a single-bulbed 13-32watt PC Retrofit kit and have it alongside the "NO" 50/50 bulb.

I need lighting that will grow first watermelon mushrooms and then maybe some blue or purple ones(whatevers hardier).
I'm only interested in growing these 2-3 types of mushrooms, so I don't need/want to do any other corals or anemones,
but just do the bare minimum dollar-wise in lighting to keep mushrooms&coralline algae alive and hopefully slowly growing&muliplying.

fyi: with a 2.5" ls bed all mushrooms would be between 12" & 8" from the light source.

Help, any & all suggestions plz!

G~

Super Gobie
my wife has a 20g with 80w of NO bulbs and she is growing shrooms. that is 4w/g. i would shoot closer to that than what you have listed. i do not think you need to go above that, but i do think you need to get close to that.

G~

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts