Quantcast

54 rr corner reef

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Patr1

Been out of the hobby for a few years while moving around. Finally have a chance to get back at it!

Ordered a rr54g corner tank
Built a custome sump/ fudge out of acrylic to maximize water volume with the limited corner stand space.

Will be running a reef octopus classic 150 int protein skimmer
Marine dct-4000 return pump
Hydra 26hd led lights

Have a 600gph koralia power head to start with
And a rodi system

pictures coming !!

Crazy how much has changed in the few years I've been away from the hobby. It's almost like relearning everything !

Patr1

Tank nearly full of water. Aquascape cameout pretty good. Waiting for the dust to settle and few more gallons to fire her up !

Patr1

Deep sand bed in my diy sump. Fiji sand and a small bag of "live sand" from pet smart in the dt
About 40 lbs of dry rock in the tank. Saturday heading to the lfs for a few chunks of lr and rubble lr for the sump get the cycle under way.

Patr1

3 days in and the fun starts discovering aiptasia. boiled up some water eating for it to cool a tad and dipping the corners of the rock in hopefully kill them off. can't wait to add peppermint shrimp once cycle is complete.

Untitled by Patryk Frysz, on Flickr

Patr1

Added a aqua medic ato. Epic fail. Already overfilling to the back up shut off switch. Should have paid the extra and got a tunze

Patr1

marine depot sent me a replacement sensor at no charge within 2-3 days super fast. has been working perfectly last week or so with new sensor.

ammonia has dropped to 0 last few days. some polyps on a chunk of lr i stocked the tank with opening up great, few more days and fish time!! excited!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.