Quantcast

a couple of tank pics

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Boy that tank is making progress. I like the rock work to bud. Is that calurpa razor calurpa?????? evil Bas*** weed that it is???

Mike

ephrim

tanks for all the kind words. thr tank is a 150 acrylic.custom overflow on one short end to give a 180 deg view. i have an ilwaki 30 rlxt for the return. a liwaki 70 rlt on a closedloop wich also feeds the 25gal refug.a 40 gal sump, my reef cal reactor/mr-2 skimmer.kent hi-s ro/di 35gal/day.aquacontroller2 to run things.
i just ordered a 1/4 hp jbj artica chiller yesterday.
the tank water parms are
nitrate.10
nitrite undetcetable
amonia undetectable
sg 1.028
alh 3.5 meq
cal in the 400 range (still fiddling with the calreactor)
phos undetectable

lighting consists of 2 250 hqi mh. ia am playing with the bulbs and curently have 1 ab 10k and 1 xw 20k bulb. owered by icecap 250 e ballast
2 110 w 48 in actnics powerewed by ice cap 660.

mike yes that ir razor calurpula it does need to be trimmed every couple of weeks but it sure looks nice. i would like to replace it with some other macro but i have had no luck keeping anything other than the feather calurp going and it is a pain in the @$% to keep trimmmed. that weed groes like a weed :D

Grouperdog

Your tank is looking good and I like your aquascaping. I understand your comments when it comes to the feather and razor caulerpa algae. I had the feather growing in my tank for a while because I liked the way it looked, but it soon started taking over so I ended up pulling most of it out and putting it in my refugium. The remaining amount that I could not get to was soon eaten by the sailfin tang that I added.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.