Quantcast

A little eye candy

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Stang69

OFR!
And who better to start it than you.

Your tank has always amazed me. You and Mikes Tank are one of the reasons I am cursed with this hobby.

Great Stuff

Jeff

MtnDewMan

Kevin

Your coral are looking as great as ever. I thought it was time to set up a separate SPSer forum :) I knew you would come to the aid of posting in it ...

Awesome coral ... Keep them coming.

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Dammm Keven your the man!!!!!!!!!. I tell ya thiers nothing like SPS

OK time to break out the cameras and take some pics :D

Mike

Montanarocknreefer

New Sheriff In Town
Hi Kevin or Mike! I purchased a orange cap a few weeks ago and wonder if you have any tips or suggestions on successfully keeping this coral. I have it in the upper third of my tank under 250ww MH 10,000k and 96ww PC actinic 03 lights. Thanks, Johnny:)

kevinpo

Expert
Johnny,
As you can see I keep my cap on the sandbed. It can do just fine under lower light and will not overshadow other corals. It needs to have enough flow over it to prevent derbis from settling on it.

Regards,
Kevin

MtnDewMan

Kevin,

That orange cap has grown like crazy since I saw it at your place. That is the same one you had then wasn't it??? It is awesome.

skylsdale

Hey Kevin, is that 3rd pic down Pachyseris? If so, what kind of growth do you notice with it?

kevinpo

Expert
skylsdale,
It is a Leptoseris. The species is either explanata or hawaiiensis. A low light and flow coral that is a very slow grower. I've had some problems with it getting knocked off it's perch. It fell into my torch coral one time and I thought I was going to lose it. It is recovering OK now. I finally got it to stick using superglue.

Regards,
Kevin

beemer

8th pic

Kevin what coral is the 8th pic down? Is that the acro I just bought when I came in with my wife?
Well I soon will need more corals. Just got a 125g half cylinder with 400w halide built in. Gotta sell the 75 now though...
anyways you better quit showing all your real nice stuff or Allen and I will be over to the place hounding you to frag it!!
See ya
Jerod
Please keep the pics coming

kevinpo

Expert
I believe the one you are referring to is the A. valida (purple with green polyps). If you or Allen show up I will put you to work fragging and mounting :)

Regards,
Kevin
PS: Did you find that tank around town?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.