Quantcast

A new hitchhiker!

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

deadrose

I was staring into my tank this evening (big surprise there, none of us ever do that, do we?) when I got a real shock!

Slowly meandering along the back of my rockwork was a pretty little navy blue nudibranch! It's about 3/4" long, and though I couldn't get a very good look at it (bad angle) it seems to have no other colors.

Nothing new has entered my tank for over a month, so I was pretty amazed to see this little guy, who appears to be thriving.

Anyone got any ideas on the variety? I'll try to get photos soon, but have had a little trouble so far due to severe need for a tripod :)

Heidi

G~

Super Gobie
really hard to ID without a pic. keep very close eyes on all of the things you want to keep. nudi's are specific feeders. you may have something in your tank that it likes, hopefully it is something you do not want. does its colour match anything in the tank? several of them use camo to hide in their host food.

G~

deadrose

No, doesn't match any corals, all I have are softies. The only blue thing in my tank is my crocea, which looks very healthy.

The most recently added things are the crocea, which Fragman gave to me (from that contest a few months ago), a rock with a sarcophyton (from Bufford down in Tacoma) and a rock with some clavularia on it (from Blue Sierra) They've all been in there over a month.

I guess I'll just keep a sharp eye on things, but other than my anthelia getting upset when I rearranged the powerheads, everything has been thriving.

Heidi

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.