About Reducing Ph

zulreef

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
161
Location
Richland,WA
Hey,

I'm having a hard time getting my pH down 8.93. I dosed with vingear, but now the ph is backup.

I cannot find the Adirondock seltzer water, will this seltzer water do the same job?

Zul
 

NaH2O

Active member
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
8,568
What are you measuring your pH with? Monitor, test kit? Are you dripping kalkwasser?
 

zulreef

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
161
Location
Richland,WA
NaH2O said:
What are you measuring your pH with? Monitor, test kit? Are you dripping kalkwasser?
Nikki,

I am using a Ph monitor (8.93). I am using a test ( salifert) and get 8.8-8.9. I am not using limewater. I guess the raise in ph is from my carbon dixode.

Zul
 

NaH2O

Active member
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
8,568
Insufficient levels of carbon dioxide would cause high pH. What is the pH of your newly mixed salt water? When was your pH probe recalibrated last? Are you adding any other supplements? What are your water parameters...alk, ca, mg, etc?

Here is an quote from the linked article below:

High pH: Causes and Cures, by Randy Holmes-Farley

Nearly all high pH situations encountered in reef aquaria are caused by a carbon dioxide deficiency.
 

zulreef

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
161
Location
Richland,WA
NaH2O said:
Insufficient levels of carbon dioxide would cause high pH. What is the pH of your newly mixed salt water? When was your pH probe recalibrated last? Are you adding any other supplements? What are your water parameters...alk, ca, mg, etc?

Here is an quote from the linked article below:

High pH: Causes and Cures, by Randy Holmes-Farley
My water parameters

Calcium 420ppm
Alkalinity 8.6dkh ( 3.09 meq/l )
magesium 1050ppm
Salinity 1.027
Ph 8.93

I am not using any other supplements.

Zul
 

wrightme43

Active member
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
4,355
Location
bowling green ky
Are you running a skimmer? They usually put alot of O2 in the water. One thing you could do is take two clean mason jars and set one out side and one inside overnight. If the ph of the one outside is right and the one inside is wrong then there is probley too much co2 inside. If that is the problem try running a airline in from outside to feed your skimmer or cracking a window in the house, or leaving the exhaust fans running in the bathroom and over the stove to pull in more freshair from outside.
 

Elmo18

Clownfish
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
2,662
Location
Seattle
zulreef said:
My water parameters

Calcium 420ppm
Alkalinity 8.6dkh ( 3.09 meq/l )
magesium 1050ppm
Salinity 1.027
Ph 8.93

I am not using any other supplements.

Zul
What salt mix are you using Zul?

Best,
Ilham
 

Latest posts

Top