acro id

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Hooked

I recently purchased a "bali" acro that I'm having difficulty identifying. I've spent quite a bit of time looking through the ID section. I thought it was a valida at first, the decided maybe nasuta, and now I'm leaning toward secale. This pic shows the growth form

Hooked

Reading through the descriptions in the ID Gallery confused me a bit, as I don't understand the difference between axial and radial corallites. Can someone explain, please?

One of the features that I thought might provide a clue, is that the tips are "cupped" I hadn't noticed that any of my other acros have that feature. This pic shows greater detail

TIA

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Looks kinda like a yongei maybe. That's my best guess. I've got a yongei, but it is not as furry looking as that. Nice coral!!!

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I would bet its a acropora youngei also... I thought I saw a baby niger triger in it?...lmao

Hooked

Thanks Charlie.

Nikki, that's so out of character for you :lol: :lol:

Well those are both interesting possibilities. Both are staghorns, right? I guess I didn't think it was a staghorn because it's more compact than the other staghorn I have.

Maybe it will become more obvious as it grows. I don't expect the tips to change color, but if they do, I guess that will be a good clue.

Thanks to everyone :D