Quantcast

Actinic........Super Actinic

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Drummer

What's the difference between these two ??
Actinic........Super Actinic

I will be running dual 250w mh over my 75 and will be supplementing with 2- 48" URI 40w bulbs.....what bulbs should I use?

I was also thinking about adding a blue rope light from HD for a moon affect. Opinions on this?

mattseattle

i had the blue rope light on my tank for a while. worked really well. nice coloring and all. when i added my VHO i had to rip it out though because i broke the clips when i was installing the VHO's. i'll probably buy another set unless i can find the replacement clips seperately.

they don't generate that much heat and also put out quite a bit of light.

mattseattle

here is a picture.....this is almost identical to the stuff i have except mine doesn't have the control box like this one does. it's just light that inside a rope plastic. it's cheap and can be found at Wal-Mart, Lowes or K-Mart. I think I paid 5.99 for a 12 foot length of it.

Drummer

I have a few feet left over that I bought for my drum kit. I wound it around the kit and cymbal stands to spice up the stage. Since my band's name is "Blue Tattoo", I thought the blue rope was appropriate. I knew the left overs would come in handy sometime!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.