Quantcast

Advice on what I really need...

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Vashini

Hi all,
I'm new to the hobby of Marine Aquariums, and I'm about to start my first salt water tank. Right now I have:

A 29Gal Bowfront AGA
A CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer
110watts of PC lighting (half white, half blue)
1 Powerhead
and I'm using Oceanic Natural Sea Salt Mix

I plan on picking up 35lbs. of Good Live Rock from a local guy, (doug :) ) And I've done TONS of reading and forum browsing.

I think I'm ready, but I don't want to make any obvious mistakes... I'm also in the process of building a HOB DIY Fuge (based on the CPR aquafuge)

Will 1 powerhead be enough or should I get more, and is there anything else you guys think I should purchase?

Also...with this set up, what kind of corals will I be able to keep?

Thanks for your time,

Tony V.

bradreef

always kidding
The bak pak doesn't provide much water movement so you will need at least 3 powerheads unless you use another hob filter. You sound like you have made some educated decisions with the purchases you have already made.

Vashini

I was thinking of building a spray bar, attaching it to a powerhead, and placing it out of sight behind my rock as well. I work for a Landscaping company, so I have access to an unlimited amount of PVC pipe :) Whats the best placement for 4 powerheads in a 29 bow?

Tony V.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts