Quantcast

All in the bottom

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

DonW

R.I.P.
Does anyone have design with everthing including CL in the bottom (floor).

I was thinking two corner overflows w/three bulk heads ea. One for drain to sump, one for return from sump and the last the drain for CL. The return for the CL up through the bottom in the center of the tank.

Tank should be about 75 or 80 gallons. Acrylic will be delivered , friday and bending mold will be done tonight. I just need to come up with a plumbing design. I've thrown out all my ideas so far.

Don

jks1

What would be the advantage of plumbing the CL in the bottom vice the back? I assume this will be a BB tank. Hmmm Let me think on this one a bit....

DonW

R.I.P.
Not really sure there is an advantage. I was thinking a stand pipe kind of with a "t" on top. I would like to push the tank close to the wall.
I could bore a hole in a chunk of LR and slide it over the CL return.
Don

Last edited:

Crows Ridge

Morning Don,

I was going to do that when I built mine. BUT! Now I am glad I didnt go that route. If you ever get a break in the c/l all the water will drain out to the lowest point.

This is from experience. Since mine is about 1/2 way up the back, I only lost half the water. You could avoid that and have the intake screens higher up inside the tank ( standpipes) through the bottom, hidden in the LR and serve the same purpose.

FWIW Chris

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts