Quantcast

AM3K Back pressure

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

DonW

R.I.P.
I'm questioning my number of outlets on my AM3K closed loop. I have four all 3/4 lock line two with 3" fan nozzle and 2 with 1/2 nozzles. Since the pump has only run less than 2 months and is already seeping at the seal. I'm wondering if there is to much back pressure. All other plumbing is 1.5 pvc.
I spoke to Dolphin they will not warranty the seals. :( I can buy a $25 seal without a warranty or I can send them the pump, for $120 they will install a seal and warranty it.

Thanks
Don

reedman

Welcome to the Dolphin club Don. 4 3/4" outputs does not restric the flow any more that a straight 1.5" output. They are equivalent in cross-sectional area (thus fluid flow area is equivalent). How many bends do you have in your plumbing and how high is the head? These could cause some back pressure. I have found that some folks have really good luck with Dolphin AM3Ks (Mojo being one) and others judt don't (Me...I sent mine back twice). You may want to just watch it closely. Mine seeped a little then sealed itself.

Good luck. I know I'll buy another brand next time for my own piece of mind.

-Reed

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.