Quantcast

another lesson learned...

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I recently was introduced to Flat worms. I highly recommend slowly acclimating your corals in a container outside your tank. When you feel it is ready to add to your tank. Then dose it with Flat Worm Exit as perscribed. Percribed being one drop per gallon. Wait a few minutes then remove from water and add to your tank. Its a few more minutes of your time , a twenty dollar bill of insurance that may save you lots in the future. I love trading corals. I can not do this now. I will be using FWE to my tank real soon. But for your own safety I recommend this. I will be better prepared next time. Good luck, and I wish all your Saltwater friends be healthy,
Ed:)

wanareef

reefer addict
I have learned to "dip" everything before it comes into the tank. There is always a mixed jug of Exit just ready to go.

Alice

Flatworms seem more and more prevalent. :( You see them in LFS tanks, home tanks, on frags for trade. The more frag trading goes on, the more your tank has the chance of harboring the nasty buggers.

QT and FWE before the new additions hit your tank seems to be the wisest course of action to me. Good ideas, guys.

NaH2O

:( Ed - sorry for your flatworm troubles. Let us know how the battle goes. Here is a previous thread where some shared their treatment methods for flatworms:

Flatworm Treatment?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.