• squamosa blue rimmed

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • squamosa green

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • squamosa blue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

reefsupply

Hi Guys and Gals. I am in search of a little advice on a larger clam only tank. I was going to Have a 8 foot by 2 or 3 foot tank made about 24 inches deep. The lighting was going to be 4 x 250 watt MH at 10k and 2 x 400’s at 10k. I might be able to put some T-5 in there as well. We aren’t really big clam keepers here and I am getting a bunch in so any advice would be welcome.

ponyguy

pony
the tank sounds good but at 24" you'll need to have the lights really close or some kind of rock work to elevate the clams that need more light...

mattseattle

not with 400's he shouldn't. he should be able to put the clams just about anywhere in the tank he wishes. i have 250's on my tank and it's 20" deep and my Maxima and Crocea are fine at deeper depths.

MtnDewMan

Hmm, couldn't edit it from the front end, but made it multiple from the database end ... should be more comprehensive now. Hope that is okay Steven.

Witfull

thanks,,,i voted,,one nice thing agout the 24 deep is that you can use levels of clams...this will give a nice effect imho

MtnDewMan

Matt,

No way to do this without some "hacking" ... I would rather not at this time. PM me what you voted for and what you should have voted and I can try and add your votes to the poll in the back end ...

reefsupply

thanks for the advice guys, this is just a holding tank. I am really limited in my exp with clams. But I do love them so. Thats why I am asking. Don't want to cause some unexpected death because I did something wrong. If you don't know allways ask is what I say.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.