Quantcast

Any experience with Jali 55watt PC bulbs?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
I just got an order of some Jali 55watt PC bulbs and realized that they're only rated at 7100K, not 10000K like I assumed since they were listed as daylight bulbs. Upon further research I've found that Jali doesn't even make a 10K bulb...maybe I should have done this before ordering them. :rolleyes:
I haven't fired them up to test the color or intensity yet, and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with these bulbs and how the like the look, as well as how do the inhabitants in your tank do under the lighting. I've been using the 10K's and have been very happy with them, and would really not like to have a yellowish looking tank.

Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eliyah

Last edited:

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
Well, I installed them last night and they don't look too bad...defintely much brighter than my current bulbs, and a little yellow. I also have a 20K bulb in there as well so the yellow doesn't show through too bad. To avert having to spend another $25 just to get the 10Ks shipped out, and pay shipping to send back these 7100K's I think I'll just keep them for now...especially since I'll be moving everything into my 75 gallon in the next month or so which will have dual 250watt MHs.

Eliyah

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts