Quantcast

Anyone know where to get a syringe?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

bpm2000

smokin' reefer
I've got two larger aiptasias in my tank, and just noticed two little tiny guys sprouting up. Not up for buying some shrimp or whatnot to eat them, I'd rather blast them myself. I'm just not sure where to get a syringe with a needle around here so I can kill them. Anyone?

thx

Sealab2021

Puffer
go into a rite aid by the pharmacy early in the morning, start scratching your neck and arms alot and ask the pharmacist for a syringe, you can even say "I just need one!".

He'll give it out free of charge(although he may ask you to leave afterwards)

deadrose

Guess I'm a lucky one. My father's a doctor, so I hit him up, he gave me a fairly large syringe, and an 18 gauge needle - big enough for thick kalk paste or impromptu facial piercings :)

Also got him to kick in an IV drip rig, which has been attached to a jug, and will be dripping into my tank as soon as I get the hook for it mounted - or the old-fashioned IV stand I just bought from a friend, who still has some left, for those of you who like to do things the odd way :)

Ah, sometimes it pays to be a doctor's brat.

Heidi

Imaexpat2

Yeah the Farm Supply store is the best bet in my opinion. They are about a buck thirtyfive each here. The big needles are great for squirting a slurry of Kalk at them. Everyone I have hit like that has been toast. Now if I could just get the things to quit sprouting up every couple of weeks.....

Anyone got any solutions on that?

MtnDewMan

Local vet will sell you some as well .. they may need to take your name address and phone number, but that's where I get mine.

steve-s

You may also wish to look into a newer product on the market. Joe's Juice is actually all it's cracked up to be, in short the stuff rocks!

I recently purchased some due to some hard to reach pests and not wanting to risk my many zoanthids to pepps. There was no negative effects save some coralline bleaching in the immediate area of the aips where I used too much...

Good Luck!
Cheers
Steve

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.