Quantcast

Anyone use Kent float?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Crows Ridge

Does anyone have any experience with the Kent float switch? I purchased one from Marine Depot a couple of months ago and just got around to installing it this weekend with my 120gpd rodi.

Problem. There were no instructions. When I tried it by hand, the water shuts off. In paractice, it just keeps filling the sump. NOT A GOOD PROGRAM! There is a dial on the side, seems like it would be for adjustment. But it is fixed. I dont want to damage it by moving something that wasnt supposed to be:D

Thanks, Chris

DonW

R.I.P.
I have a old one just for the ro. I dont think I would use one in a sump, just due to salt not sealing. Do you have the one that turns off the supply line? If not you need to get the add-on. Your pressure may be to high for the valve to seal.

Don

G~

Super Gobie
this is one of theose plastic box looking float valves, right? the dial on the side adjusts the angle at which the valve shuts off. they are able to handle 60psi. i have mine on my tank for auto water top-off and have never had a problem, except once when my 1/4" tubing broke due to UV breakdown. i have to clean it on occasion because it controls kalk water so there is some of that buildup over time.

could you have the valve upside down? the float should angle downard.

G~

Crows Ridge

G , it is in the proper way. It is not the float that leaks. Rather the part that goes through the glass. I will put teflon tape there and see if that helps.

I dont add kalk or have light in the sump, so shouldnt have those issues:D

Don, it does work, I just needed to fiddle around and find the leak. I went into the pump room and it had overflowed all over the place. YUK!

Thanks, Chris

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
Hey Chris,
If ya can't get the leak stopped with teflon tape try some silicon sealent.................Scott

G~

Super Gobie
they are buggers to keep from leaking around those threads. i had to use a fair amount of teflon on one of mine.

G~

Katchupoy

I also just installed mine before three weeks ago and it worked great.... A very big help on fresh water replenishment. My setup is a gravity feed from a 10 gallon tank inside the cabinet.

The play of the moving plastic box should be going down and not going up. So when it is straight... it means that its shut off. But when the water goes down together with the big plastic thing then it will open it for water to flow.

When I first bought it. I don t have any idea of the size of this thing... On the pic it looks like a 4 inch unit but this thing is huge. Almost did not fit on my 10 gallon sump. Almost 10 inches long.

I think it is a good cheap investment.

big t

tankless
I just got one too, I have yet to install it tho. I am hoping to get it installed this weekend.

jks1

Im runnng the auto shut-off kit with the float on my 210. Its plumbed directly to my RO- working great so far- I did have to fiddle with a leaking bulkhead though, but once I got it right it hasnt leaked since.

Zack

Enjoy the reef!
I have one coming from my kalk reactor into my sump, works great. It took me about week to understand fully how it works ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts