Quantcast

April Contest

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

NaH2O

Hey everyone!!

It's time for the Reef Frontiers April Contest. This month the contest is sponsored by Arizona Coral Company, who is providing the winner with a $200 Certificate. This contest will be 5 weeks in length, and each week will be something different.

Here are the dates of the contest:

WEEK 1: April 4 - 10
WEEK 2: April 11 - 17
WEEK 3: April 18 - 24
WEEK 4: April 25 - May 1
WEEK 5: May 2 - May 8

WEEK 1: Hidden Phrase. This will be a hidden phrase about mantis shrimp. Search the threads between April 4 - 10th. Send a PM to Nikki/NaH2O with the correct location AND phrase. The first correct responder will win for the week.

WEEK 2: Hidden Picture. Search Reef Frontiers and Arizona Coral Company's website for the hidden picture between April 11 - 17th. You will know when you have found it....it will be obvious. PM the correct location to Nikki/NaH2O. The first correct location will win for the week.

WEEK 3: ID Quiz. Mike/mojoreef will post 5 pictures to be correctly identified. Send your responses to Nikki/NaH2O. The first person with the all the correct answers will win for the week. Look for the quiz to be posted between April 18 - 24th.

WEEK 4: Hidden Picture. Same rules apply as for WEEK 2, except it will be posted between April 25 - May 1st. Be sure to PM the correct location to Nikki/NaH2O.

WEEK 5: Quiz. Nikki/NaH2O will post 5 questions to be answered. PM your answers to her. The first person with all the correct answers will win for the week. The Quiz will be posted Wednesday, May 5th between 7-8 EST.

The winner of the $200 certificate to Arizona Coral Company will be the member with the most wins for the contest.

GOOD LUCK! & Have fun!!!!!

Let me know if you guys have any questions. I'll use this thread to post weekly winners, and I may even keep some weeks secret :eek: :D

NaH2O

WEEK 1 WINNER!

The winner for Week 1 is: Stircrazy Great find!

I have to give a special acknowledgement to MCSInc....very very close!! Good Job Candy!

The hidden phrase was located in the thread: Let's Talk about Filtration Concepts!

Here is the hidden phrase:

Hidden Phrase: Did you know you should never place your finger in the den of a stomatopod? ;)

Have a great weekend everyone! Remember week 2 is upon us!!!!!

NaH2O

Just wanted to BUMP the thread up. Week 2 is still up for grabs!!!

NaH2O

WEEK 2 WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT

It's hard to wait for the announcement when you're in the heat of the contest :D

The winner for Week 2 is MCSInc!!! Of course another close week! You guys are good!!

The hidden picture was of Easter Peeps (you know the little marshmellow bunnies and chicks). It was located on Arizona Coral Company's website in the Reef Treatment section. Entitled Eye Candy: http://www.azreef.com/store/view_product.php?product=EYEE5DBU4

NaH2O

Week 3 is up and coming. This is the week for the Identification Quiz......

NaH2O

ANNOUNCEMENT RE: ID QUIZ

Just to let everyone know about the ID Quiz....

It will be posted by mojoreef/Mike on Wednesday April 21st at 7pm EST, so study study study.....dust off your Reef books and check out the ID Gallery to brush up on your identification skills. ;) :D

NaH2O

WEEK 3 WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!

We have a winner for Week 3: BlennyBabe!!!

BlennyBabe was the first member to correctly identify all five pictures.

The answers are posted on the thread: Reef Frontiers quiz contest

Week 4 is on its way........

:D

NaH2O

WEEK 4 WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!

WOW! What an overwhelming number of responses I received for this week's hidden picture. I decided to announce the winner tonight, as I know you guys are wondering who won. I must not have hidden the picture well enough? :)

The winner for Week 4 is: Jesshimom!!!

The hidden picture was placed in the thread: Some Plumbing for Nikki

LOL - it was a picture of a stuffed animal Owl wearing a Cleveland Indians baseball helmet. Actually, you guys didn't have to actually guess what the picture was, but I loved reading the responses!

Week 5 is up and coming.....the contest is still up for grabs!

NaH2O

Man, you guys are a tough crowd! I'll need some time to go through the responses. Forgive me ahead of time if I don't post it tonight (I'm really going to try), my daughter is ill and I'm having to go back and forth.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.