Quantcast

Bad Urchin

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

randythereefer

Just thought I would share my frustration. So Tuesday night I woke up to my water alarm (its one of these basement type flood alarms). I found water on the floor and my rock boreing sea urchin (that I've had for like 5 years) attached to the float making it sink instead of float. So I got out towels, shut off the auto flow system and went to bed. I spend most of Tuesday night cleaning up the water and getting salt off of various things. Assuming this would never happen twice I reconnected the fill system and went to bed. Then at 3:30 am I woke up again to the shreek of the alarm. Yet again the urchin had attached itself to the float. It must really like that darned float for some reason. From all this I've learned that alarm is darned handy and sea urchins are creatures of habit.

Randy

NaH2O

Randy - sorry for the water mess - that is never fun. Sounds like that urchin must be interested in something on the float.....or it knows it is frustrating you, and having too much fun at it ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.