Barrier Reef's Elos System 60

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Brie

BRA
Curious...what's the maintenance schedule on this tank? Water change frequency...what salt...what dosing brands and stuff...
We try to do weekly water changes, but you know how that goes, sometimes its more like biweekly.

Salt is standard Instant Ocean..

As far as dosing. Nothing, aside from Brightwell's coral color and when it needs it, Seachem ReefBuilder for KH. Everything else comes from the calcium reactor.

Brie

BRA
I was tricked! lol Last time I asked that's what I was told. This is the tank right below the TV right? Hmmm...
Im pretty sure they used to, maybe when the tank was first set up. But now(and for quite a while) all thats being used on the tank is Coral Color. Other then that, just the calcium reactor running on it.

barrierreefcf

Sponsor
Yes for about the first year to 18 months we used Elos Purist Line. We loved it but not the cost of adding that many products. In between then and now we have tried various products. At this point we have gone back to simple. Calcium Reactor, Magnesium supplement, and Koral Color.

FreakinReefin

Insert idiot comment
Yes for about the first year to 18 months we used Elos Purist Line. We loved it but not the cost of adding that many products. In between then and now we have tried various products. At this point we have gone back to simple. Calcium Reactor, Magnesium supplement, and Koral Color.
What kind of calcium reactor do you have on that tank?

J-Ranko

What do you guys feed the sps in this tank and how often? The colors of the acroporas in particular are always stunning to see in person!

declivis

May The Fish Be With You
What do you guys feed the sps in this tank and how often? The colors of the acroporas in particular are always stunning to see in person!
we don't have a set regime on when they are fed. we try to feed 'em a couple of times a week though, the fish are fed daily so they do get some from that. as far as foods are concerned we use.......oyster-feast, phyto-feast, nutramar ova (prawn roe), roti-feast, rods food, and just the bits and bobs from mysis and formula variety that we feed the fish. soooooo all-in-all we mix it up best we can and obviously we don't feed all those foods at the same time....we rotate 'em.

J-Ranko

we don't have a set regime on when they are fed. we try to feed 'em a couple of times a week though, the fish are fed daily so they do get some from that. as far as foods are concerned we use.......oyster-feast, phyto-feast, nutramar ova (prawn roe), roti-feast, rods food, and just the bits and bobs from mysis and formula variety that we feed the fish. soooooo all-in-all we mix it up best we can and obviously we don't feed all those foods at the same time....we rotate 'em.
And are you guys still dosing KoralColor, too? Seems too simple for such nice colors!

declivis

May The Fish Be With You
And are you guys still dosing KoralColor, too? Seems too simple for such nice colors!
we actually are currently not dosing anything short of making sure alk, ca, mg are all where they should be. we actually stopped dosing with koralcolor about 5mo ago or so.........they great thing is i was expecting to see a color shift (seein' that the corals really put on color when we started koralcolor) and so far.......well i think it speaks for itself.

Brie

BRA
Some new photos from the Elos

LE Blue Matrix

LE Raptor's or Tyree Peace favia

Pink Jade?

Wide shot of he front corner and Cali Tort (click for full size)

pandora32

Any updates you guys, sorry brie, and gals...lol This is a great tank to see. If you havent seen it, your missing out! Me and my family dont visit too often, ways away for me, but when we do, we always get stuck by the door!...lol.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts