Quantcast

best way to make water movement?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

idgy

I have heard of the Sea Swirl and have not heard much as to their performance. What are some good products to create water movement in a 58 gallon reef ready tank with just fish and live rock and with a canopy.

I mention the canopy, wondering if it will get in the way of any water movement product.

Thanks! :confused:

DonW

R.I.P.
Scwd seems to be popular. Sea swirls have a good reputation but are large and expensive, a couple hundred bucks for two of the small one. Motorized ball valves are a option but still expensive. Ocean motion rotating oulet device is new but is getting pretty good reviews. I'm working on a new device that will be done in the next week.
You may need to open up the canopy in the back, for just about any device that goes up and over.

Probably not much help, but alot depends on you tank and money.
Don

wrightme43

If you dont mind a pwr head in your tank, the 802 with a bioflow rotating output works well for me. Mailorder pwrhead, 29.99 rotating device 12.99. They will blow out of pwr head after a little while so silocone the adapter to the pwr head. I like the fact that its not expensive. However it is in no way shape or form elegant. It works but is not pretty. Ritsuko, shared a great way to disgise pwrheads. Grow green star polyops across the bottom of a 10, and cut into 1" squares, and attach to top and sides of pwr heads or plumbing. They will grow over and hide it. I am impaitently awaiting the growth of mine. Hope it helps you. Steve

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts