Quantcast

better movie

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mattseattle

oh i couldn't make it through Lost in Translation. it was so bad in my opinion. i did not think it was funny at all. this was a DVD rental as well so i just returned it. neither my partner, my neighbor nor myself liked it. so i wouldn't recommend wasting your time on this.

american splendor i haven't seen so i can't vouch for it.

CarlS

I don't think you can compare those two movies. American Splendor is almost a documentary with some good laughs in it. Very good movie but I wouldn't say it's a laugh fest.

Lost in Translation was a great movie. It's light comedy but it's got great atmosphere. Bill Murray does an awesome job. I'd say if you liked Punch Drunk Love you like this movie. Very similar in type of humor I think.

I liked Lost in Translation better then American Splendor but not by much.

If you want a good movie try to find the movie Grass. It's a documentary on how marijuana became illegal and what the government has done through the years. It's hilarious! Narrated by Woody Harrilson (dude from Cheers). All the footage they have from back in the day is just too funny to see.

mattseattle

but in my opinion Lost in Translation was so so so so slow. guess you just had to be into it in order to make it through the movie. Bill Murray did do a great job....at least from the part i watched.

Sealab2021

Puffer
thanks carl

I liked american splendor ok, but have yet to see lost in translation (lit).

lit gets such great reviews, but everyone I ask doesn't like it.

american splendor gets almost as good as reviews, which I can understand cause of the combo docu/drama/character study.

I liked punchdrunk alot, cuz that crazy anger produced by seemingly weak people in a funny way is quite entertaining(a reason why phil hartman was so good/funny to me)

thanks for the tip on Grass, as i enjoy both the "reef" in fish tanks and in reef(er)

mattseattle

i'll have to see if Netflix has Grass. sounds like an interesting movie. unfortunately Netflix doesn't have it yet. have to check Blockbuster.

Doug1

I fell asleep watching "Lost IN Translation" :( If the director was someone other than FFC daughter , I doubt it would have got a mention, let alone raves

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts