Quantcast

Big Fish, Small Fish; One Fish, Two Fish

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Alice

Considering most of us don't have huge tanks like Mojo, what would you rather have in your tank, a couple of bigger fish or several small fish?

I like small fish, even really small fish, in my tanks. It's kind of like playing "Where's Waldo?" ;) I'm trying to figure out fish populations for this go round with my tanks and was just wondering what other folks have done.

Alice

mattseattle

well my tank and fish right now is pretty slim. i only have one clown fish in my tank right now. i think he's made a friendship with my cleaner shrimp though as he's always following him around. i never see the shrimp cleaning him though.

Solov

Ez reefer
I have clown, velvet damsel (my biggest guy) and scooter blenny.
And cleaner shrimp of course :). All in 20 Gal tank.

Elmo18

Clownfish
Hey Alice!

I tend to choose fish for personality and usefullness, and yup color :)

I have a pair of Gold Band Maroon clowns with a ton of personality. They're cool with a bubble-tip anemone.

I also have a Foxface rabbitfish to eat up macroalgae that accidentally grows in the main tank. He/she looks pretty cool. Adds good yellow to the tank :)

I have a yellow tang, also. Adds a lot of movement, and is very bold and striking. So i guess i have pretty common fish. I know people who just like to have fish that are "rarer" or uncommon. Some of them are really cool.

I'd like to have a couple deepwater wrasses, but hmm afraid if they jump out, or if i dont get a chance to feed them enough.

- Elmo :)

Alice

I love rabbitfish :) I had a coral rabbitfish while I was still in Portland and it was great watching him go "camo;" that fish changed colors more often than a chameleon! I've also at one time or another had a Kole tang and a yellow tang. If I decide to get one larger fish, it's a toss up between another rabbit and a Powder Blue tang. PBT's have long been one of my favorites but that would be a down-the-road addition as I'm still not sure if we're going to be moving soon again or not and I want the tank to be super-stable.

I love blennies and gobies, so many to choose from and they all seem to have personality. I'm tossing around the idea of a goby-shrimp pair for my nano.

Alice

Katchupoy

I have a common clown (hoping that I will have an anemone someday)
Zebra Fish (one of my original hardy fishes...)
Yellow Tang (I once had a problem of red hair algae)

I have red, yellow, black&white... now I need blue....

Minh Nguyen

I like small fish too. If my tank is less than 75 g, I would only have small fish up to 1.5- 2 inches.
My tank is 450 g. I will have about 4-5 larger fish4+ inches and the rest are small.
Minh

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.