Quantcast

Blue Linckia Starfish

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

BCT182

I have had a blue linckia (linckia laevigata) in my tank for about a month now. I was just looking at photos of others online, and have a question about mine. When I got him, he was wrinkled like pruned fingers after a long hot bath. He still looks that way, but the picks I see online look like they are much more plump. He doesn't look thin, just wrinkled. Im very cautious with my tank, I drip line plain fresh water to top-off to prevent quick swings in PH, salinity, or temp, since its a small tank. Everything is been great, and he was like that when I got him. Is this look normal, or am I going to be nursing him back to health? I should add, when I drop a cube of food at the end of the tank opposite to him, he moves to it and appears to eat.
Thanks
Brett

bradreef

always kidding
what type of food are you feeding. They are supposed to mostly eat sponges. I always wanted to try the angelfish food cubes with sponges in them.

NaH2O

brett - I haven't been able to find anything about the "wrinkle" look. I'm not sure what Linkia's look like when they are starved, or how long they can live with a limited food supply. Have you checked the bottom of the linkia for any parasites? I know there is a specific type of snail that parasitizes Linkias. Here is a photo:

Linkia Parasite

Here are a couple of articles:

Invertebrate Non-Column

Starfish: Considerations for the Common (and Misunderstood) Varieties

Echinoderms In Aquaria...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts