Quantcast

BOLO:Loose Polyps

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

snobanker

Hey all, I have a small group of rogue zoo polyps that have detached from the main colony and are treking around my tank. Is there a way I can re-attach them to a rock. Can I use super glue or is there some other way?

snobanker

Should I take a rock out and dry it where I want to put the polyps? Or can I just put some gel on the botttom of the polyps and glue them to a rock under water...never really did it before.

mfinn

Surgeonfish
You can do it both ways.
I like to dry the rock off a little and dry off the end of the polyp. Put a small dab of super glue gel on the polyp and stick it to the rock. It is not going to hurt the polyp, being out of water for a few minutes.
Put them back in the tank in a low flow area for a few hours and they should be ok, unless the reason they became loose was because there was some wrong with them to begin with.
But it doesn't hurt to try.

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
If you have a bunch of rubble laying around, semi-bury the polyp in the rubble, and it will attach itself. Just be careful when you are handling them, they are toxic!!!!

snobanker

LOL...oh yeah I got the zoo gloves handy. Thanks guys. I think I will glue them to a nice little rock I have sentenced the rascals too. They seem to be fine. I have no idea why the little group detached. It has actually been awhile. They open and otherwise appear healthy, they are just moving to different places in the current all the time, Thought I'd better take care of it, before they get lost behind some rock pile.

wrightme43

They are delicious dipped in chocolate. Mmmmhhhhh. Intensive care. sponge baths. I have glued them, stuffed them in holes and have used the rubble method for leathers but never zoos but it should work great too. Kinda depends on how paintent you are. LOL Hth Steve

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts