Quantcast

Brief Question about my Skimmer

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Krish

RF STAFF
Just recently I posted a thread about basically tearing down and starting over. Well I did it and I have one small question. Should my skimmer be producing anything at this time? I know that regularily it would pump out a bunch of muck for a few hours, then slow down for a few hours, and then pick back up again. It's been 4 days now and I haven't produced anything. I don't think I really should be seeing that I cleaned everything and changed all of the water, not to mention, there are no fish in the tank so I'm not really not putting any food in there (only very minute pieces for my coral bandits and hermits). Just wanted to know if this is normal.

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
If the skimmer is brand new, it may take a few days to get broken in. After that you should be OK. Being that your tank is probably going to go thru another mini-cycle because of all you did, just sit back and watch it for a while, and let things proceed as they may.

gobie

dave the gobie
Mine Recently Crashed Due Circumstances. I Had To Go Out Of Town And Had Neighbor Add Water. My Prep Water Was Not Used She Used Un Buffered
Chlorinated Tap Water Over Flowed Tank Droped Sg And Ph Drastically. Some Corals Died,some Shrimp, And Sandbed Went Sour. I've Done Some Serious Work In The Last Couple Of Weeks To Turn It Around.
Tank Is Recycling Thru Skimmer Is Going Insane.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.