Quantcast

Bubble tip no more?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Crows Ridge

I bought a green bubble tip on his own LR two months ago. He has tripled in size, but his tenticles are straight and dont bubble any more?

Suggestions?

Thanks, Chris

jks1

I dont think anyone really knows why they bubble out on the tips. I would say if he is growing I wouldnt be too concerned. jmho

jazznreef

i heard somewhere that bubbles actually indicated less than ideal water conditions. not sure of the reliability of that though. maybe someone can verify.

Desolas

Free Jolly Jenkins.
I wouldn't be concerned about the bubble tips as a sign of health either as long as it grows. Mine in my 75g were growing and splitting like mad and never did they have bubble tips.

I moved the same anemone to my 29g and now it has bubble tips, the flow is much lower than it was in the 75g which leads me to believe current might have something to do with it. I doubt they bubble tip in lower quality water, but I don't think anyone really knows for sure as I've also read online of people who've had their anemone start bubble tipping when the lights were increased, so that might also have something to do with it.

Perhaps when water conditions are ideal it happens too. I don't think any real studies have been done on the subject, so anything out there is just anecdotal.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts