Quantcast

bugs?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

forsaken541

I have noticed alo of what looks like little white buggy critters moving around on the glass of my tank is this normal or should I be worried? They are very small and I can't make them out very weel or I would post a pic. Thanks,
Erik

Beckmola24

Hawkfish
sounds like copepods or amphepods. They aren't harmful. Nothing to worry about. As the pods grow, your fish will feed off of them.

mattseattle

they will die off to a substainable level as your tank matures as well. i recently built a pod pile in order to get my pod population to increase.

mattseattle

a pod pile is where you take a few pounds of small live rock rubble and place it in a small pile somewhere in your tank. i placed mine behind my main live rock so you can't see it. the idea behind it is a place that pods can multiply without worrying about being eaten by fish/etc. i did it for my spotted mandarin. mandarin's as you may know live mainly off of pods and can deplete if not destroy your pod population in a short amount of time. a refugium is another way to create a breeding ground for pods.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts