Quantcast

Carpet anemone eating my clowns?????

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Shawnna

Joey & Xena are the best!
:(

It appears my green carpet enjoys eating my clown fish - I've lost two in the last two months - a true percula and a black percule.

Help.......

Alice

Get rid of the carpet; your clowns won't be the only fish it will eat.

I participated in an aquarium society show/competition/auction once and one show tank that was competing had a carpet and about 10 juvenile clowns. After the second day there were only two clowns left! :shock:

jazznreef

i agree

I agree... carpet anemones as a general rule are not good community friends. I had one eat a couple fish and then puke on me which screwed up my system for months. If and when they go south they screw everything up because of their size and organic die off. I just wouldn't recommend them unless you have an anemone only tank. Also, size does matter in my assessment. Smaller ones are more likely to be OK. Just my opinion though.

Shawnna

Joey & Xena are the best!
Thanks, all! How do I remove him? He's buried his "foot" inside a piece of live rock. I suppose I could take the rock and all to the LFS? I'll post a "for trade" ad and see if anyone interested.

ugh....

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts