Quantcast

Cheap camera

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

DonW

R.I.P.
I have a inexpensive Hp digital. All my tank shots are green. If there is any green in the tank then everything even fish are green. Is there a way around this besides a better camera?

Don

DonW

R.I.P.
Camera

HP photoshot 150. I think 1.2 mp. Its got a macro function whatever that means. I finally gave up and barrowed my daughters newer cheap camera. It works great with no green. I think I will probably save my pennies and get a nice one.

Don

DonW

R.I.P.
Camera

I truely dont know yet. My wife is getting ready to go on vacation to Costa Rica. I thought it would be nice to send her with a digital camera. We already have a nice SLR with a few lenses. I just dont like having film developed and scanning is a pain. Do you think I could get something decent for about $350?

Don

Katchupoy

Ohh yeah... 350 is already good... you can have a lot of choices...
but since you already have an slr with many lenses... I suggest that you save more and wait.... because digital slr prices are going down... and I think that will be your goal in the future anyway.

Canon Rebel Digital for less 1,000 with lens on it already.
Nikon for 1,400 without lense....

Yes, I know that this is very expensive... but at least you can have what you really want and been used to using and plus the variety of lenses that you already have.

For $350.00... Here are my recommendation...

Canon A70, Full Auto and Manual operation. Shutter and Aperture Priority. Audio and Video capture. Very low ISO=50 (really clean) and also uses AA battery formats... You can use rechargeables or just buy anywere. And 3.2 megapixel....

Heres the link

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826104613&skuId=5348812&type=product&productCategoryId=cat04002

Another one is Minolta s414
Almost the same as Canon A70 but this one is 4 megapixel. Also uses AA battery

heres the link...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826110076&skuId=5367257&type=product&productCategoryId=cat04002

Maybe, it will go down to what brand to choose... but both of them have really high reviews....

You can do more research here.... www.dpreview.com

good luck...

gljjr

You can get some great cameras for $350 if you shop hard enough and look for good buys from reputable places. In the $350 range I would look at the Fuji FinePix s5000. The main reason being it has a great lens and I like the super CCD. Even though they rate it as 3.1 megpixels that CCD takes some pretty awsome shots (file sizes are almost as large as my Rebel's 6.3 megapixel images)! My Daughter has the FinePix s602Z and it's a great camera. The s5000 is a newer version with some different bells and whistles as far as I can tell. To tell the truth I almost purchased one of them for my wife today but I wanted to see if I could find a better price first. B&H Photo in New York has them for about $340 and Kit's, Talls, and Target have them for $399 locally. Like the A70 you can get adapters to add telephoto and wide angle lenses. Unlike the A70 the s5000 had a 10x optical zoom equivalent to 37-370mm!) plus a 2.5x digital zoom.

I have the Canon Rebel (xmas gift from the wife) and love it. I've taken over 250 pictures with it already. So I figure I have saved almost a $100 on film costs already :) At this rate it won't take long to be ahead on the Elan I bought 7 years ago. Plus all my old EOS Lenses work on the Rebel! :)

DonW

R.I.P.
Thanks Guys,
Gary you are way over my head. I can take a picture with our slr only because it has motorized auto focus lenses. We bought it to take close ups of the kids across baseball and soccer fields. The thing is pretty idiot proof just pick a lense and push the button. Of course it does alot of really cool stuff the salesman told us about, but we have been happy just pushing one button.

Don

Katchupoy

Canon A70 - 3.2 megapixel for 270.00 at Staples... I think this is a great buy... considering that A60 is for 299.00

DonW

R.I.P.
Thanks for all the camera advise. I ended up getting the s5000. The zoom was closer to what my wife wanted. The quality does not compare to our slr but its a definate improvement over the cheapy. We'll be going photo printer shopping after she gets back from Costa Rica. I personally would like to be able to print from the memory directly. I have seen the HP that you just stick in the memory ,view the pics on a tiny screen and print. Any recomendations as far as printers go??

Don

sharkbaitx2

Megapixels aside, I bought a Sony Digital Mavica several years ago. Nice Zoom for the tank or landscape shots and as everyone knows it uses floppies for film. As long as your pocket is full of disks you'll be shooting pics. I really like it for ease of sending photos but then again there's got to be more expensive made since I got this with better resolution. I just like the idea of recycling and reformatting those old AOL disks we get in the mail and everywhere else and using them for film.
From another ELAN sucker who'll probably get more!!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts