Quantcast

Chromis behavior

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

BCT182

I have noticed something about my chromis. I got all five at the same time. Now 4 are around and inch each in length and one is about 2 inches. When I first got them they where all the same size and the only time they were together was when they were spooked, (bumping the tank, lights on, lights off) at those times they would all rush together to the center of the tank. Now that the one is much larger, he constantly is hiding while the other 4 huddle closer together all the time. As far as I have been able to see, there has been no agression between any of them. There is no point to this post except I find cool, anyways...... Uh, I hope everyone is well.
Brett

wrassehole

wannabe reefmaster
how long have you hadem? my 5 chromis killed the weaker one until there were only two. then they loved each other. they stop schooling when there is no fear or danger.

Terry B

Females get larger and more rounded in shape as they mature. I suspect some of the other chromis won't be far behind. Once they mature and start to form pairs you would see a lot of schooling going on any more.

Cheers,
Terry Bartelme

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts