Quantcast

Closed loop system critique(similar to Mojo reef setup)

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

reedman

is that a VERY LARGE pump?

Do you plan to use the spray bars the whole time or just occationally to push detritus to the front?

Seems like a lot of outputs to me for one pump. JMHO. Also, take a lesson from me...if you are going to have only one pump for all of your circulation...keep a spare, because it will die when you can't get to a store.

The actuated ball valves are cool...expensive....but cool non-the-less.

joseph1336

Large pump?

The Super Ampmaster 4000 is rated at 4000 gph at 2' head. So its a pump I believe will handle all those outlets. The motorized ball valve will do one side of the tank at a time.

The spray bars will be sequenced along with the eductors one side at a time.

Thanks for the reply.
Joseph

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
I like it. A couple of quick suggestions. I would lower the pump, and have the ball valve just after the input to the spray bar. then go up and into the manifold for the upper tank inputs. and just one input to the spray bar then plumb it on the inside. The water from the CL pump will want to shoot straight up to the upper inputs but closing the ballvave will pack pressure it to send more to the spray bar. eliminates a bunch of plumbing.Although maybe I am misreading the plans and that is what you have done. Other then that I would skip the ampmaster 4000 and go to a more pressure rated pump like the 4700.

looking good

Mike

joseph1336

Mike,

Do you feel the apmaster 4000 is too small for one side of a 250 gallon tank(one side at a time) or is it that you feel closed loop systems need a pressure pump for optimal function.

Thanks again for your input.
Joseph

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.