Quantcast

closed-loop system's for dummies?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cdeakle

I generally know what a CLS is as in you drill a tank, plumb it, and use a pump for your circulation thus replacing your needs on using powerheads.

Can you guys/gals provide me with links and info breaking it all down for someone that knows nothing about plumbing and setting one up?

I have no Idea on what plumbing is needed, how big to drill the holes, what bulkheads to use. Do I use flexible hoses or pvc? How to hook the pump to it?

Basicly I need a walk through from start to finish. I hope somone out there has pics and descriptions of the process from start to finish.

I will be purchasing a new tank/stand/canopy combo from Kritter Aquatics in Cali and I'm hoping to have them pre drill the holes for me so when I get the tank I can hook up the rest.

Thanks, this forum rules!!

cdeakle

Simply awesome BigT!! I'm drooling!

Would you be willing to help me plumb my new tank when I get it? (for a fee of course)

My new tank is only going to be a 30 or 40 gallon high acrylic tank. I want to hook up a similar CLS as yours and then transfer everything from my 55 over to the new tank. Then I want to also plumb my 55 so I can have it ready to setup after I move in the next 3-6 months.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts