Quantcast

Clownfish behavior

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Angelscrx

Import Fish
I have a mated of Cinnamon Clowns and I just added a RBTA. The clowns were in the anemonie before it even attached to a rock. Now the clowns have cleared the substrate from around the bottom of the anemonie and formed a little bowl shape. The female keeps picking up rocks and moving them away from the anemonie. She carries the rocks from the back of the tank to the front and drops them. Is this typical behavior? Thanks

BCT182

For me, I had put a cluster of star polyps netxt to the RBTA, well about 3 inches away from it, and he picked it up and moved it also. I think Its fairly normal. My female GSM clown digs a hole all the time. Kicking sand on my brain, clam and plate. I think your clowns are just claiming there new home.
Brett

Angelscrx

Import Fish
BCT182 said:
For me, I had put a cluster of star polyps netxt to the RBTA, well about 3 inches away from it, and he picked it up and moved it also. I think Its fairly normal. My female GSM clown digs a hole all the time. Kicking sand on my brain, clam and plate. I think your clowns are just claiming there new home.
Brett
Thanks for the info but if your clown is kicking sand on your brain you really should take your head out of your tank. :badgrin: Just kidding thanks

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.