Quantcast

Coral Beauty?????

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

achu

I wonder...

It might be the name of a board member?? Hmmmm....

I've been wondering the same thing...Whoever Coral Beauty is, We're probably going to all end up on his/her doorstep with plastic tubs waiting to buy some nice live rock! ;)

MtnDewMan

Zack, have coral beauty contact me if they wish advertising, otherwise please refrain from advertising their goods and services please. We have other sponsors on this site that do not get free advertising.

Thanks
Chuck

mattseattle

I honestly don't think that is fair. I think as users we should be allowed to spread the word about a company, a user or anything especially when another user specificially asks about it. Zack wasn't just posting about Coral Beauty to be spreading the word. Someone specificially asked what Coral Beauty was. Maybe Zack should've sent the phone # via a PM but I think the rest of the post was perfectly appropriate.

It would be nice if Coral Beauty would become a sponsor but I don't think it's a necessity in order for a user to be able to post something about that person or business.

We all know FragMan sells frags and all out of his house and we spread the word about him but I don't see him as a sponsor even though he is the President of PSAS. :)

anyway that is just my thought on the whole subject. If it's more desirable to do things like this via PM or E-mails then that is the way we can do it.

MtnDewMan

It is perfectly fair to discuss good luck with vendors, absolutely ... yes a phone number in email or PM would be more appropriate ... we would love to have them on board to help support the overall community.

Fragman does not solicit business on this board. And if he does just like anyone else, and it is inappropriate, then it will be addressed as well.

I love hearing about how our members experiences are with retailers. All I am saying is refrain from direct advertising is all (i.e., dishing out phone numbers, pricing, sales, specials, etc). I hope I made things more clear. Thanks for the reply.

mattseattle

I guess my next question or statement is.....do we have Board Rules? and if so where are they posted? if we had such then it would be easier to follow the rules and if someone is breaking a rule then we can refer them to the rules otherwise it's kinda hard to punish anyone for something they are not aware of.

I know Fragman doesn't solicit business on here (that was my point) and neither does Coral Beauty directly. It's been indirect advertisement for both of them.

Guess all this is just growing pains. Thanks for the constructive answer to my reply. After I posted it I was hoping you didn't take offense to it as it wasn't meant that way.

MtnDewMan

no, no offense at all. And I am not meaning offense to you or Zach either ... growing pains can be tough. We just ask that we are just all aware of things we post is all. We will be posting a commercial post policy in our FAQ, however, as you know, things can be be different from post to post and circumstance to circumstance.

I guess it is all about common sense and being respectful to our sponsors that support this board monetarily. We want to continue to grow, as an online reefing community and a northwest community and as such, our sponsors play a very large role in that.

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
BTW, thank Matt for turning me onto Coral Beauty Phil and Shelly were very helpful in getting me the stuff that I wanted. They are also getting in a shipment of Marshall Island rock this week if you are interested in heading over there, PM me and we can meet up. I wanted to pick your brain. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts