Quantcast

Corals and Fish

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

idgy

I have been posting like mad on some many different forums to gather as much info as possible.

Now I am curious about corals and fish, are the certain corals that should not be in a reef tank with fish. I would be starting off with corals for the beginner. I do not want to put any kind that would kill or not be healthy for reef safe fish.

Alice

Actually, I think you might want to flip that question. There are many more fish that shouldn't be in the tank with corals. ;) I can't think of any corals that might bother fish, but anemones are another story. Some of them like to eat fish.

NaH2O

idgy - check out our Fish Gallery, and look for the types of fish you are interested in. In the biology section we tried to include natural feeding habits, and some in the aquarium care section, as well. Hope you find it helpful. We are also in the process of linking the different categories to articles in our library. For example, under Angelfish, you will see "Further Reading", which takes you to the angelfish portion of our library.

If there is any question about the compatibility, post up a question. I'm sure combined with all of our experiences, we would be able to give you some good opinions. LOL - Here's my experience: I will never again put a bicolor blenny in a tank with SPS....that is the first thing mine went after :D . Great looking fish, but now has his own nano to live in with softies.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts