Custom built 190

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Alot has happened since I was here last, probably a good thing.........................lol.

Crystal Reef built me this custom 190 a year ago last July, so I am close to a year and a half in on this.

Attachments

Aquanaut

I Love Big Torts!
I was wondering how long you were going to keep multiple tanks since the big one years ago...lol. I had Mike custom mine last year too.

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
I was wondering how long you were going to keep multiple tanks since the big one years ago...lol. I had Mike custom mine last year too.
I ran out of room in the 3 tank system I had, now I am running out of room in the 190.................................lol. It is good to be around here again, I like the pace :)

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Let's see, we have a Fluval SP6 for a return pump, 2 Maxpect XF250 for flow in the tank. An Eschopps X-350 skimmer. The sump is a Crystal Reef, "Lumos" 60 gallon sump. I also have a Mag. 18 feeding a 90 gallon sump.
About 200 lbs. of Florida Dry rock which was cured for 3-4 months before it came over from Bellevue with Joanne when we set it up last July.
I have a 1000W heater on a controller, which keeps my temps between 77.5 and 79.5.

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
The explanation is in the above comments, and secrets................................lol. The only secret I have is ignorance is bliss. I manually dose alkalinity, calcium and magnesium. My top-off is Kalkwasser.

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
What are you using for your all and Cal and mag?
Baking soda for alk. The kalk helps maintain the level I keep it at, which is around 8.0 dkh. I am using BRS calcium, trying to maintain something around 420. I use ESV liquid Magnesium to maintain a level of around 1400.

Latest posts