Quantcast

Custom Tank built in Tri-cities..

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
We have a member in the Tri-cities that built a Custom Acrylic Tank. I am hoping he will post pictures of it. He wanted a larger tank to grow colonies of coral. It is estimated at over 420 gallons. The tank is 8 foot long, 2 foot high and about 4 foot wide. The tank has built in Coast to Coast with dual overflows on each end. I was able to watch tank being tested for leaks. I am hoping the owner will jump in here and post pictures of his new toy. Les do you hear me Big Guy?

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I visited Les today. I saw the big tank was finished except for plumbing. But that was not enough, I think Les got the building bug. I saw another tank in the making, I should say it was almost finished. I saw a very nice Acrylic tank with Rounded corners. The tank was 7ft long. I heard Les started building this Wednesday. It was putting finishing touches on it today. I will wait for someone else to post the pictures. We are getting Another large tank that should be ready for the Tank tour in August.

BSHANE651

i also had the privelage of seeing this monster in person... holy smokes , 4' front to back and 8' foot long, could you imagine what kind of aquascape this could be, hats off, and give this guy a salute, i hope i get to help the move when your ready les....
both tanks look very sharp , i would be very proud to have you build a tank for me someday....

les

DIY Freak
Ed Hahn said:
I visited Les today. I saw the big tank was finished except for plumbing. But that was not enough, I think Les got the building bug. I saw another tank in the making, I should say it was almost finished. I saw a very nice Acrylic tank with Rounded corners. The tank was 7ft long. I heard Les started building this Wednesday. It was putting finishing touches on it today. I will wait for someone else to post the pictures. We are getting Another large tank that should be ready for the Tank tour in August.
Actually Ed, I started cutting acrylic on Thursday, would have been done on Saturday but went to the Seattle club meeting. So I finished up on Sunday afternoon.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts