Quantcast

deep water acro

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

CTurtleGirl

I picked up this frag over the weekend. Hope it keeps its color. Any advice on placement under 2 175watt MHs? Right now its just near the top with all my other acro frags. Thanks!

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Those acropora do pretty well with less light than most acropora do. So you might just be flying with the lighting that you have. Make sure that you acclimate them to your lights very slowly. You'll find these corals are a lot more sensitive to light shock than most other acropora are.

Good luck it looks like a great piece.

Mike

Elmo18

Clownfish
I agree with mike. Looks like a deepwater acropora. Definitely less lightning needs than most other acros.

- Ilham

Stircrazy

I agree you have to introduce them to bright light carefully but I find they respond very well to high light levels once they are acclimated.

Steve

reefer

I have one directly under a 400W MH. 6" Below water surface with bulb 8" above water surface. Got it about a month ago. It's a little bigger than yours. I'm just now starting to notice some growth and new branching. Mine seems to be doing well where it's at. I don't have a clue how fast they grow. Anyone have an idea how fast they normally grow??

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts