Quantcast

Deliver my tank from evil...

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

jazznreef

No, but i've prayed for larger tanks. so far it's worked although i think there are limitations directly proportional to income. apparently the higher o/One has set boundaries. :)

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
for the glory of having a good looking healthy reef tank is priceless....
and the love for it is my weakness
for ever and ever

Curtswearing

Mantisfreak
LOL!!!

Yes I have. There was the plenty of praying goin' on after the great spray paint incident of 2002. I woke up in the middle of the night and I could smell paint fumes very strongly. It seems my wife wanted to do some spray painting but because it was around midnight and the temperatures were below freezing, she decided to do it in the storage room of the basement. My fish tank is built into the wall of my basement recreation room and the back of it is in the storage room.

When I came to my senses, I ran downstairs and told my wife to stop painting. I peeked into my tank and everything was dieing. My yellow tang was particularly in trouble. We had to open up all the windows and doors and turn on a bunch of fans. Because it was freezing outside, I had to crank up the heaters full blast just to keep the tank from dropping into the danger zone.

I did some serious praying and my tank survived. I have also prayed for a mantis shrimp that didn't survive. We don't have the ability to grasp why we don't always get what we want.

I look at it from this scenario. I'm visiting my parents. It turns out that my dad had just BBQ'd some steaks. I missed breakfast and lunch and now it is 2:00 in the afternoon. My stomach is growling and my blood sugar is dropping. Wouldn't it make sense for me to ask my dad if I could have one of his extra steaks. The worst thing that is going to happen is he is going to say, "No". He's not going to write me out of his will because I asked for a steak. He's not going to get furious with me because I hadn't been a good son for the past couple of weeks and hadn't returned a phone call, etc.

I think that praying is like the above paragraph. It only makes sense to ask.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts