Quantcast

Designing a new tank from AIP

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
I pretty much have my 4 month old 60 gallon acrylic set-up sold. I just got the go ahead from my wife to upgrade to a 90 gallon. I am seriously considering getting a 90 from AIP, identical to the one that was raffled off a few months ago. This includes the coast to coast overflow. I thought that I should start a thread to discuss the overflow as well as how I should design the plumbing. Let me know your thoughts, I think that this will help out a lot of people who don't have experience in plumbing and flow.

Mojo, I hope to hear a lot from you oin this thread. :)

mattseattle

yeah, this is of definite interest to me as well because i'll probably be upgrading sometime this year and plumbing is my weak point.

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
I am particularly interested in how to best design and plumb the return. I am very intrigued by the coast to coast. It didn't seem top coast that much more that a single overflow in the center so I decided that I had to have it other than to say that I have it. It must be that "guy" gene kicking in. :)

NaH2O

cookiemn, what are you planning to keep in this tank? As far as returns, my returns are just going to go over the top - that way, I had more room for closed loop outputs.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.